- This event has passed.
PDXWLF Lights in Lents: Painting!
January 23 @ 5:00 pm - February 2 @ 7:00 pm
Join us to help withing *painting* our community art & light exhibit for Portland Winter Light Fest!
Painting (Jan. 23 – Feb. 2, 5-7pm on weeknights, 11am-4pm on weekends)
RSVP Here (so we can be prepared with supplies and refreshments): https://volunteersignup.org/Q39HJ
Location: 9101 SE Foster Road, Suite 1B, Portland, OR 97266
What does a community art exhibit look like?
We, the organizers, are also volunteers and members of the East Portland community and we are figuring out the creative process as we go, along with anyone joining in, and being flexible and going with the flow. It’s not so much about the finished product (although it will look amazing when it’s displayed!); it’s about the experience of creating together around a common theme, painting together, building together and taking risks with the paints, brushes, and light!
There will be several phases to this community project throughout January and February 2023, and community members are encouraged to participate in any or all of them:
- Brainstorming (Jan. 12, 5-7pm; Jan. 15, 1-3pm, Jan. 20, 5-7pm)
- Tracing & Sketching (Jan. 21- 22, 11am-4pm)
- Painting (Jan. 23 – Feb. 2, 5-7pm on weeknights, 11am-4pm on weekends)
- Exhibit Set Up (Feb. 2, 5-7pm)
- Exhibit Opening Night (Feb. 3, 5-8 pm)
- Exhibit Viewing (Feb. 3 – 11)
How can you get involved?
- RSVP* to our IN-PERSON events for brainstorming, tracking/sketching, and/or painting (https://volunteersignup.org/Q39HJ) Or just walk in, no reservations required! RSVPing helps up know how many people to be ready for to plan supplies, snacks, and set-up!
- Add your ideas to our BRAINSTORM digitally https://forms.gle/bRdPH9zNyJ5dBgvZ7
- Sign up to VOLUNTEER: https://volunteersignup.org/YD84C
- We need your help! In addition to making art, we need volunteers to help with set-up, clean-up, documentation and from Feb 3 – 11 to keep the exhibit open throughout the Fest so people can walk through! Volunteer stipends for $50 available for Youth Volunteers (ages 18 – 26) – please reach out to us for more information about Youth Volunteer Opportunities via email at eastpdxcollective (at) gmail (dot) com.
Presented & hosted by East Portland Collective in partnership with Four Forces Inc. (@four_forces_inc) and East Portland Resilience Coalition (@eastportlandresiliencecoalition). Generously supported through a community grant from SE Uplift (@seUplift) and the City of Portland Office of Community and Civic Life (@community_civic_life).